Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Latest Life Coach Tips: Web Sites

Okay, you, that's enough fucking around on the internet. Back to work!
It's been a long time since I've shared a tip from the Life Coach people. I still get them every week. This week it's Misconception Busting on Websites:


Misconception #1 If I create a website that will appeal to everyone, I’ll get more clients.

The Better Approach: Create a website that is designed to attract one distinct target market.


Misconception #2 If I start by surfing other coach’s websites I’ll learn what I need to do for my own.

The Better Approach: Unfortunately, few coaching websites are well written and designed to funnel prospective clients to coaching services. Instead, start with an introspective process.
  1. What are the three most compelling challenges and desires for my target market? Write streamlined content that addresses those issues.
  2. What message do I want my web visitors to get from my website? Craft an authentic message that carries through all of your marketing.
  3. What actions do I want my web visitors to take? Sure, you want them to contact you for a sample session but most visitors will need an interim way to get to know the value of your services. Make subscribing to your ezine compelling and easy.

Misconception # 3 If I write content that ensures coaching will bring my clients “a more fulfilling life” that will be enough to get prospects to call me.

The Better Approach Dangling abstract promises of fulfilling dreams and goals rarely produces results. Instead, design a marketing funnel – ezine and other free information, mid-price products and services, then higher end products and services – that will build credibility and visibility with your target market.

No comments: