Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Royal Watching

To get away from the coffee situation (let's not talk about it, enough to say, I failed to make the switch yesterday) I had lunch at the Shawarma Queen.

My first time there. Of course I've been to the Shawarma King. The Elgin and the Bank Street both. And at the Bank Street Shawarma King I learned that they were owned by the same people. Along with the Shawarma's King further north. (The sign-maker made a mistake.)

So after ordering my sandwich and glass of water, I asked if I could ask a question. "The Shawarma King and the Shawarma Queen... are they married?" Before the guy could answer, I added, "or divorced?"

"Divorced," he said.

I left it at that. I felt like I'd already pried too far into something that might be painful.

Good shawarma, I must say. Lots of chicken. Tasty sauce.

No comments: