Friday, July 01, 2005

End User Licence Agreement

So I was thinking of checking out the security software available from Rogers Yahoo.

Thought I should actually read the EULA first. Here's one of the things I'll be agreeing to if I click "I accept":

b. You represent and warrant that YOU WILL NOT:

vi. use the Yahoo! Software to operate nuclear facilities, life support or other medical equipment, manufacturing or construction equipment, weapons systems, aircraft or nautical navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or for any other mission critical application where human life or property may be at risk. You understand that the Yahoo! Software is not designed for such purposes and that its failure in such cases could lead to death, personal injury, or severe property or environmental damage for which licensor is not responsible;

Of course, after going through this whole thing, it turned out they have no software I'd want badly enough to risk on my machine, even if I'm not operating a nuclear power plant.

No comments: